[ImageDM]: Provenance

Arnold Rots arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 19 08:14:21 PST 2013

I am not sure I get the full implications of what you are suggesting.
If it means that Provenance is something that comes to us through
Observation, then I think it is the wrong path.
Provenance is something that is, inalienably, a property of a Dataset.
It may include information that is inherited from an Observation, but
that is information that characterizes the Observation - not its
Provenance.
If you want to take this to a more abstract level, one could argue that
the Observation is part of the Provenance contents of a Dataset, not
the other way around.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA