IVOA Provenance Data Model

Florian Rothmaier frothmai at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Nov 19 07:38:22 PST 2013

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce an internal working draft on the IVOA Provenance
Data Model which is being developed within the framework of the German
Astrophysical Virtual Observatory (GAVO). You can get the code from
volute at
http://volute.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/dm/provenance/ .

Moreover, we set up a mailing list at
http://lists.g-vo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/prov-adhoc
intended to be used for discussing the Provenance Data Model.

We hope that the (presumably smaller) audience in the subordinate
mailing list will encourage a livelier discussion in these early phases
of modelling than if we did it on the big DM list.  We will return to
the DM list when we believe we've reached enough of a rough consensus,
at which time the provisional provenance mailing list will be closed.

For now, we'd like to invite you to join the Prov-adhoc mailing list and
to discuss the IVOA Provenance Data Model with us.

For the GAVO team,
Florian