[ImageDM] Mapping

Paul Harrison paul.harrison at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Dec 10 23:35:00 PST 2013

On 2013-12 -10, at 20:39, Douglas Tody <dtody at nrao.edu> wrote:

> I was able to download the document using Firefox, which prompts to
> download vs Chrome which tries to display the document in the browser
> window (also I think a save-as in Chrome also failed).  WGET also
> downloaded the document successfully.  So, hopefully this will help
> clarify the problems we have been having with Volute; most likely it is
> a browser integration issue.   - Doug

its actually a mime-type issue - it is being served by googlecode with tex/plain mime type

> GET /svn-history/r2386/trunk/projects/dm/ImageDM/doc/Mapping-STC.pdf HTTP/1.1
> Host: volute.googlecode.com
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 06:44:24 GMT
* Server Apache is not blacklisted
< Server: Apache
< Last-Modified: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 19:53:58 GMT
< ETag: "2386//trunk/projects/dm/ImageDM/doc/Mapping-STC.pdf"
< Accept-Ranges: bytes
< Expires: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 06:47:24 GMT
< Cache-Control: public, max-age=180
< Alternate-Protocol: 443:quic

to persuade googlecode to serve with the correct mime type, it is necessary to set the svn property “svn:mime-type” on the file

I have done this to the above file, and I think that you now get better behaviour in browsers.

Paul.