Spectral Data Model V2.0 working draft

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 18 15:41:25 PDT 2012

The XML namespace usage has never actually worked and should be
replaced by some other mechanism (no harm leaving it in the doc as
a placeholder until we have this however).  I agree with Markus that
the DM actual namespace prefixes ("ssa", "spec", "sdm" etc.) should
be fixed, likewise the Utype path defined within the DM namespace
should be a fixed string for a given DM.  Defining the path to the DM
description within the Dataset submodel seems like a good solution.
My preference would be to add a new field for this so that the existing
Dataset.Datamodel remains simple.  This URL would point to the place
where we define the DM and all its metadata, help text, etc.

 	- Doug