Spectral Data Model V2.0 working draft

Mark Cresitello-Dittmar mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 18 15:27:56 PDT 2012

On 10/17/2012 08:15 AM, Omar Laurino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree with Markus. This escaped our internal review, but should be
> easily fixed. I don't think I agree that we shouldn't use the term
> namespace, but that's a utypes issue. For what the DM serialization is
> concerned, the utypes syntax doesn't have anything to do with the XML
> namespaces notation (true even if utypes were not fixed strings).
>
> Cheers,

I tend to agree as well..  much of that is just carried from the earlier
models.
I do think there is interest and benefit in providing a place for the
XSD.  It would
have to be in the topmost level uber-generic objects.. so putting it
alongside/with
the Dataset.Datamodel  attribute makes sense.

As for using the term 'namespace', I don't have a problem with the term
(obviously),
but also would be OK switching to something like 'model prefix'.. or
whatever.

Mark