Next draft of VOTable in STC

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Fri Jun 11 11:11:56 PDT 2010

On Tue 2010-06-08T17:19:29 +0200, Markus Demleitner hath writ:
> I've put up another draft of the STC-in-VOTable note at
> http://vo.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/docs/note_stc_20100601.pdf.

Perhaps this possibility has already been dismissed, but I note that
the model only provides a notion of epoch for an ensemble of
coordinates, not for the individual coordinate components.

This means that the model cannot communicate, e.g., the FK5 catalog in
which the technologies by which they were measured result in one epoch
for RA and a separate epoch for Dec.

Representing the FK5 catalog would presumably require utypes akin to
stc:AstroCoords.Position2D.Epoch2.C1
stc:AstroCoords.Position2D.Epoch2.C2

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory        Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855