Spectra DM for theoretical spectra?

Dobos, Laszlo dobos at pha.jhu.edu
Tue Jun 2 02:56:28 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

One could collect the available spectral model codes and look at the input
parameters to get a common set of the main physical parameters used in these
models to incorporate them in a standard DM. Though I think it’s a tough
job, especially for galactic spectral models because of the many options and
parameters like the star formation history, stellar templates used, etc. I
would suggest defining an extensible DM which has exact instructions on how
to add custom parameters to the data model so model developers  could add
their own parameters also as models evolve. Programs could be written to
understand (or at least display) these custom parameters. It would be also
great to take derived spectra into detailed consideration, like composites,
PCA eigenspectra etc.

Cheers,

Laszlo Dobos

gradute student

Eotvos University, Department of Physics of Complex Systems

Pazmany Peter setany 1/A., 1117 Budapest, Hungary

Office: N 1.66B, Phone: +361-209-0555/6173, Cell: +3630-387-8603

E-mail: dobos at complex.elte.hu