Problems about the Spectrum Data Model from the view of a Web Service programmer

Gerard gerard.lemson at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Sep 15 09:36:48 PDT 2006

There is still my question how the non-element content of mixed content
elements can be constrained to be an integer, or string, or whatever
primitive type.

http://www.ivoa.net/forum/dm/0609/1169.htm

I'd say it is an important piece of info to help us make up our mind.

Anyway, if you want a vote, I'd say that for the serialisation of data and
metadata in the IVOA:

No, we can not forbid empty elements with attributes.

Yes, we can (and should) forbid mixed content elements.

No, we can not insist on non-string data to be written as attributes (where
did that come from).

I'm sure consistency can not be obtained, but we can try, to quote someone
else

"The only completely consistent people are the dead." - A. Huxley

  _____