Photometry in VO Spectrum Model

Andreas Wicenec awicenec at eso.org
Mon Oct 23 07:18:48 PDT 2006

Dear Pedro and all the others,

we here at ESO were actually preparing a request like this as well
and I can
only fully support Pedro in his argumentation. I think this is not
just a
nice-to-have add-on, but a real-world requirement, since most of the
data we
have at hand is actually calibrated in magnitudes as well, but we are
working
on a service which converts these magnitudes into flux using the full
response
curves of the optical path. In order to make such a server really
work for the VO
we would like to describe the response functions using the spectral DM.

Cheers,
Andreas