Photometry in VO Spectrum Model

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Sun Oct 22 19:00:48 PDT 2006

Hi Jonathan -

I agree that this would be useful for photometry points; it is just that
it appeared to be suggested for spectra as well, and if so it would
be good to examine more carefully whether it is needed or desirable
for spectra.

For filter transmission curves, one thing we should look at is the
JHU filter profile service; see  http://www.voservices.net/filter/

It could be useful to expose filter transmission curves via an SSA
interface, so that we don't need something separate for filter data,
but we should first see what metadata is required to describe filters.
I haven't looked carefully at the JHU filter database, but I see that
it contains data for about 100 standard filters.

	- Doug