STC ObservationLocation

Ed Shaya eshaya at umd.edu
Thu May 25 11:33:08 PDT 2006

I vote against optionally entering the location of the observatory. The
correction to barycenter is dependent on the distance to the object.
Since in general we do not have direct measures of distances to objects
this is unwise.  Also, the interpretation of an observation may depend
on knowing whether the observer was moving, fixed to the ground, in near
earth orbit, or at L2.

Ed