STC and characterization

François Bonnarel bonnarel at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Aug 18 10:44:51 PDT 2006

Hi all,

      Work on characterization is going on.

      It is now posssible to download two xml schemas from my site:
  1)
http://alinda.u-strasbg.fr/Model/Characterisation/schema/characterisation.0.94.xsd

      is an upgrade of version 0.93 (which was published before
Victoria) taking into accounts changes in STC from version 1.3.
(Basically unification of name space and looser definition of
astroCoordSys, astroCoords and astroCoordsArea allowing now more missing
components,
which led to the substitution of the AstroCoord family to Coord family
in char schema)

            2)
http://alinda.u-strasbg.fr/Model/Characterisation/schema/propFirstCharacterisation.xsd

This is a first attempt of property first schema (the 0.94 is axis
first) following the lines of the previous discussion launched by
Jonathan in Victoria. This preliminary version making use of extensions
of STC types reflects the views I developped in my mail of May the 24th

      In the mean time, Mireille, Anita, others are working on proposing
examples and a list of Mandatory attributes as it was asked by Alberto.

This will come soon.

Best regards
François