Charac Answer

Francois Bonnarel bonnarel at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Sep 2 10:06:26 PDT 2005

Dear all,
   This is not to cut this interesting discussion, but just to inform
people that there have been allready some attempts to make this "small"
data models collaborating.
   The version of characterisation UML diagram and XML schema presented
in Kyoto (http://alinda.u-strasbg.fr/Model/Characterisation/char0505.xsd)
was an attempt to reuse in characterisation a work made by Brian Thomas:
Brian had provided an STC schema version based on his Quantity schema,
and we tried to reuse this fusion. There has been an oral discussion on that
and also on the list in May (see this dm list archive for details).
    The main problem with that attempt, was that this STC schema was not
the "official" one.
   We are currently modifying the Char schema to rely directly on
Arnold's schemata. I promise this in one week or so ...

   I think this will help the discussion to see where Charac is complete
and where it isn't, from STC point of view, and what is the real advantadge or
drawback of that.

Cheers to all
François

Francois   Bonnarel               Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donnees          11, rue de l'Universite
astronomiques de Strasbourg)    F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 11       WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 25       E-mail: bonnarel at astro.u-strasbg.fr