[Ontology] UCDs vs ontologies?

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 2 08:46:28 PDT 2005

No-one will even attempt to stop the DM group from discussing whatever they
wish. But the Semantics IG has been resurrected since *general* discussions
about this topic have surfaced on the UCD and DM list recently and
frequently come up in the Registry group.

Semantics IG will permit these discussions to be carried on without the very
annoying habit of cross-posting. The IGs are about discussions on how topics
are addressed in the IVOA, external work that might be made use of in the
IVOA, and what ideas are ready to be handed over to the workgroups for
action. The workgroups are more about getting standards defined.

Within the Semantics IG list (semantics at ivoa.net), we are even now
discussing the charter for the group. Please feel free to contribute so that
it is clearly spelled out how concepts and ideas raised there can be fed
into the DM workgroup.

T.