Collaboration on Source Catalogue DM, ADQL and SkyNodes

Maria A. Nieto-Santisteban nieto at skysrv.pha.jhu.edu
Wed Dec 21 02:13:27 PST 2005

Hi,

This is great news!

There are three things I would be interested in knowing:

 - How does Catalogue Data Model used look like, especially what is the
common set of attributes and the associated metadata.

- What are the plans about registration? Will these nodes (Basic?) be
registered and therefore accessible through Open SkyQuery? How many?

 - The cross-match functionallity. Are you planning on a 2 catalog
cross-match or n-catalog cross-match? How does the cross-match function
look like?

Cheers

Maria

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Pedro Osuna wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> Within the Data Model and ADQL context, ESAVO has initiated a
> collaboration with CDS in order to try to find a reference
> implementation for the usage of the Source Catalogue Data Model
> together with ADQL.
>
> The effort consists on setting up servers that understand ADQL on
> Source Catalogue Data Model aware Basic SkyNodes.
>
> We have set up such servers for our ISO and XMM source catalogues here
> at ESAC, and Inaki Ortiz and Aurelien Stebe have spent a week in
> Strasbourg collaborating with our CDS colleagues, Andre Schaaf et al.,
> in the building of such Basic SkyNodes for some of their catalogues.
>
> Once those servers are available, the idea is to use the Source
> Catalogue Data Model aware server to implement a client-side cross-match
> using ADQL, as a proof-of-concept of the validity or otherwise of the
> model. ESAVO is developing a simple client to try the concept.
>
> Should you want more information on how we have done the translation
> from the Catalogues to a Source DM aware Basic SkyNode, or on any of the
> aforementioned subjects, please do not hesitate to ask.
>
> Best regards,
> Pedro Osuna (ESAVO) and Francois Ochsenbein (CDS)

Maria A. Nieto-Santisteban (nieto at pha.jhu.edu)
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles St.
Physics & Astronomy Department
Baltimore, MD 21218 (USA)

Tel: 	1 410 516-7679  Fax: 	1 410 516-5096