Collaboration on Source Catalogue DM, ADQL and SkyNodes

Pedro Osuna Pedro.Osuna at esa.int
Wed Dec 21 01:13:20 PST 2005

Dear all,

Within the Data Model and ADQL context, ESAVO has initiated a
collaboration with CDS in order to try to find a reference
implementation for the usage of the Source Catalogue Data Model
together with ADQL.

The effort consists on setting up servers that understand ADQL on
Source Catalogue Data Model aware Basic SkyNodes.

We have set up such servers for our ISO and XMM source catalogues here
at ESAC, and Inaki Ortiz and Aurelien Stebe have spent a week in
Strasbourg collaborating with our CDS colleagues, Andre Schaaf et al.,
in the building of such Basic SkyNodes for some of their catalogues.

Once those servers are available, the idea is to use the Source
Catalogue Data Model aware server to implement a client-side cross-match
using ADQL, as a proof-of-concept of the validity or otherwise of the
model. ESAVO is developing a simple client to try the concept.

Should you want more information on how we have done the translation
from the Catalogues to a Source DM aware Basic SkyNode, or on any of the
aforementioned subjects, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Pedro Osuna (ESAVO) and Francois Ochsenbein (CDS)
--
Pedro Osuna Alcalaya

ESA
Science Archives System Engineer