The relationship of Q and STC? A proposal. (Was: Re: [QUANTITY] Data Model for Quantity v0.5

Brian Thomas brian.thomas at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon May 10 10:15:17 PDT 2004

	Hi Alberto,

On Monday 10 May 2004 12:56 pm, Alberto Micol wrote:
> c.- What's the relationship of Q and STC?
> How are quantities going to use  STC ?

	Glad you asked.

	Here is my proposal in the URL below.

http://nvo.gsfc.nasa.gov/QuantityDataModel/stc_test.tar.gz

	The tarball includes schema and examples. In essense, I propose
	that the CoordSystem object realize the standardQuantity, and
	contain components which are themselves (realizing) quantities.

	Largely, the "coordinate" portion of the STC is subsumed by the
	Quantity, and is trimmed out. Also, the "resource" portion of the
	STC has been dropped as that looks VOTable specific to me (happy
	to be corrected). Otherwise, the STC is rather straighforwardly implemented
	and serialized as a Q.

	Regards,

	=b.t.

--

  * Dr. Brian Thomas

  * Dept of Astronomy/University of Maryland-College Park
  * Code 630.1/Goddard Space Flight Center-NASA

  *   fax: (301) 286-1775
  * phone: (301) 286-6128 [GSFC]
           (301) 405-2312 [UMD]