Data/metadata

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 28 06:22:20 PST 2004

As far as space, time, spectrum, redshift coordinates are concerned,
their metadata are fully described in the STC schema, ready for
resources and catalogs.

  - Arnold

Tony Linde wrote:
> Thanks, David - I look forward to seeing them. What I'm looking for is some
> way of describing the data held in a resource, so describing the contents of
> a VizieR dataset, the SDSS catalog of quasars etc. - so any of the resources
> listed in the registry. I guess the Quantity and Observation models will be
> part of these - do we have a model for overall metadata into which these fit
> or is the effort more bottom-up?
>
> Cheers,
> Tony.

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu