[QUANTITY] Data types question (Was: Re: [QUANTITY] The discussion so far

Brian Thomas brian.thomas at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 31 07:01:57 PST 2003

On Friday 31 October 2003 08:34 am, Gerard Lemson wrote:
> > Does Q support complex types?
> >  Dowler::Type = Ellipse2D, Oct 27
> >  Dowler, polygon types (Oct 29)
> >  McDowell: suggest we not rule this out, but an initial implementation
> >    would only support basic datatypes.
>
> I think we have to immediately, for example Position.

	Gerard,

	Well, I think the gist of Jonathan's comment is that we create a
	basic interface. This won't preclude trying to come up with more
	complex objects by some, but the focus for "blessed" types will
	be the basic ones. I agree with you that we need to "test" the
	interface with interesting types like Position. I agree with Jonathan
	that the intial focus are the "primatives" (but I bet thats pretty
	easy to knock off).

	Regards,

	-b.t.

--