[QUANTITY] Do we need it? Some quantities

Brian Thomas thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 27 16:46:54 PST 2003

On Monday 27 October 2003 07:23 pm, martin hill wrote:
> Having had a nice long bath...  I'm worried that since so many things are a
> quantity, we're going to try and make a model that has to describe so many
> things.  We're likely to end up with something so general it won't really
> define anything, or alternatively will restrict the way we describe things.
>
> How about we look at specifics: Error and Quality will be useful I would
> think, but also Passband, er... suggestions?  I guess Co-ordinate and
> Brightness might be a bit ambitious at this stage?

	Martin,

	Yes, this is a general concern. This is why we are trying to gather
	requirements. The objective is to try to get as much agreement on
	specifics as possible. Clearly, we will not all get everything we want
	in the model, but some spare intersection of needs is, I think, possible.

	So, then, please submit your requirements!

			=b.t.