Comments on Canadian VO data model

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon Apr 28 16:47:00 PDT 2003

<embarassment>
        I hate it when I have to respond to myself...
</embarassment>

On April 28, 2003 12:25, Patrick Dowler wrote:
> The things common to every Entry are:
>
> - an identifier unique within the Catalog (Long: 64-bit integer)
> - a set/array of EntryProp(s)
>
> The things common to every EntryProp are:
>
> - entry id : Long - identifier for the "parent" Entry
> - property id : Short - identifier for this property, from the
> EntryPropMap
> - tuple id : Short - unique identifier for this tuple (EntryProp) amoung

Here I am mistaken. The entry_id only exists within an Entry, and even then
only within an Entry that has been added to a Catalog. The EntryProp does
not know the entry_id of the parent.... (in practice, one may store/extract
things this way, but it is an implementation detail not exposed by the API).

--
Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914 | Fax: (250) 363-0045