non vo standard listing

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed May 29 17:30:02 CEST 2024

Hi Gus,

On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 11:05:10AM +0000, August Muench via datacp wrote:
> While I think that the "DOI" listing is useful, it is also only the
> tip of an iceberg!
>
> Datacite: https://schema.datacite.org/

That one I'd list, yes; it greatly influences some of our
vocabularies, at the very least.  And of course it's where our DOIs
will come from, mostly.

> Crossref:  https://www.crossref.org/documentation/schema-library/

Are we doing anything with Crossref?  I couldn't point any specific
place, if you don't want to count DOIs in content/source in the
Registry that might contain Crossref-minted DOIs -- and I'd prefer
not to count this.

> Schema.org:  https://schema.org/docs/schemas.html

Again, I couldn't point to any specific place we're doing anything
with stuff coming out of schema.org.  If I may indulge in a personal
remark, I'm actually rather happy that we don't, given that, quoting
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schema.org:

  Organization	Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Yandex

         -- Markus

(who suddenly feels ten years younger given that Yahoo is in that
list...)