New Note is out

gilles landais gilles.landais at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Feb 16 16:36:38 CET 2024

Hello all!  (sorry for the duplicate post, previous mail was in the
wrong thread)

Thank you Markus and Alberto for this note.

I read it with a lot of interest and I have questions.

BIBvo provides a way to link an article to datasets (registered in the
VO registry).
Candidate for bibliographic harvesting need  a DOI and an
ExportRequested tag in the registry record and a biblink service.

* About the ExportRequested date

with ExportRequested, you specify that the data are available to be
harvested and you put a date on it.
I'm a little confused with this date which completes the existing date
"Created" , "Updated" already available in the VOResource curation.
Why to separate "Updated" and "ExportRequested" dates?
Isn't there a risk of desynchronization between the "Updated" date
(after a modification like to append an author list) and the
"ExportRequested" date.

* Making VO Resources Citable -

This suggests that datasets would be included in bibliographic services,
with their metadata coming from the registry.
Then it becomes important that the bibliographic service is synchronized
with the "update" happening in the registry.
Adding dataset inputs is great, Would it be possible (in a next step) to
extend the article-dataset links to link a dataset to an other dataset?

* About the biblink-harvest endpoint, you propose a service that provide
JSON in output and you specify also that "link record can be interpreted
as an RDF triple".
Well ! do you have also a plan to include RDF in the serialization ?
For instance, a RDF exploited with JSON-LD header?

Thank you for the note

Regards

Gilles Landais