Program for Pune session

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Mon Oct 10 07:05:00 PDT 2011

Le 06/10/2011 17:11, Alberto Accomazzi a écrit :
> Dear DC&P enthusiasts,
>
> I'm soliciting input for our session at the Pune meeting.  The list
> has been quite silent but I know of a few items that should be of
> interest to this group and that I would like to at least bring to the
> table:
>
> * Data citations: this is a topic of current interest across all of
> science and astronomy is no exception.  We have a tradition of being
> good about archiving and naming our resources but we haven't solved
> all problems and we'll need to face the fact that the rest of the
> world will be using things such as DOIs and ARKs.  I think a review of
> where things are is in order, although this discussion could easily
> fill the entire meeting.
>
> * Workflows: André Schaaff and Jose Enrique Ruiz suggested writing a
> Note about the (planned) use of workflows in science in general and
> astronomy in particular.  Andre' are you interested/willing in talking
> about this?
>
> * VAO AstroExplorer project: I would like to give people an update of
> what our group has been doing within the VAO DC&P efforts, and
> possibly hear from other people involved in discovery
> portals/applications how this effort can benefit them.  There may be
> some overlap with the applications or Semantics groups so this might
> be moved.
>
> Please let me know if you're interested in any of the above and if
> you're willing to contribute with one or more (short) presentations as
> part of this discussion.  Are there any other topics that we should
> cover?
>
> Sorry for sending this out so late.
>
> -- Alberto

Hi Alberto

I am not sure I will be able to attempt DC&P because I will need to be
present at TAP RegExtention.
It seem to me that one of the important input of IVOA in DC&P is the
data model that describe now precisely the data, the facility and with
extension the resource.
The next step will be provenance to describe what OAIS call Context
Information.

You should evolve Data Model group in this process
If I can escape from DAL I would be glad to explain a bit more this point

Regards
Pierre

                            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Division Informatique de l'Observatoire
Observatoire Virtuel 01 40 51 20 89
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://vo-web.obspm.fr