DAL Running Meeting #18 - SODA-next

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Mar 29 19:14:23 CET 2024

Dear DALers,

Other material that could be discussed in the next running meeting :

*SIA-extended or DAP :*

See https://github.com/ivoa-std/SIA for most issues below

and https://github.com/ivoa-std/DAP for the DAP PR #3

DAP is the extension of SIA to other dataproducts than images and cubes

+ input PARAMETERS with limited list of values : better description
(github SIA issue #1 <https://github.com/ivoa-std/SIA/issues/1>)

+ No input PARAMETER exists to select the RELEASE DATE (github SIA issue
#2 <https://github.com/ivoa-std/SIA/issues/2>)

+ No Wild-carding of the input PARAMETERS values exists (github SIA
issue #3 <https://github.com/ivoa-std/SIA/issues/3>)

+ input PARAMETERS values are case sensitive (github SIA issue #4
<https://github.com/ivoa-std/SIA/issues/4>)

+ 1 shot discovery (and then access) to cutouts was possible in SIA1 but
no more in SIA2 (github SIA issue #6
<https://github.com/ivoa-std/SIA/issues/6>)

+ SIA2 cannot discover rebinned data like SIA1 was able to do (github
SIA issue #8) + It is not possible to query SIA services by MOC (github
SIA issue #9 <https://github.com/ivoa-std/SIA/issues/9>)

+ Update matching in-progressDataLink
<https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>update  in examples

+ extension of SIA-style protocol usage outside the image/cube "camp"
(github SIA issue #10 <https://github.com/ivoa-std/SIA/issues/10>) ---->
see DAP PR #3

Apart from github SIA and DAP repositories the discussion can
alternatively be read there :
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SIAP-2_0-Next

*DataLink : *

version 1.1 has been released

There are still points which have been discussed and not integrated

see : https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink-1_1-Next and
github repository

  * service descriptor : URL could benefit go be templated (for example
    to pick up part of the path from the user or from the table and not
    only parameters). Proposals have been made but it was delayed to
    next version until some service implement it. (issueDataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>#27).
    ProbablyDataLink <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>2.0
  * DataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>underlying data
    model : is content_type, content_qualifier, semantiics triplet
    enough. Should we distinguish conveyed "information" and conveyed
    "realtionship" (issueDataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>#44). This is a
    discussion forDataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>2.0.
  * Service descriptor inputParams enhancing distinction between
    required and optional parameters (issueDataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>#51). No obvious
    solution has been found at the moment.
  * Service Descriptor to be removed fromDataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>and pushed to
    VOTable (issueDataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>#53). This is a
    major revision ofDataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>but also of
    VOTable. Version 2.0. This may also be completed by introduction of
    the templating mechanism or even more by the use of PDL inside
    inputParams.
  * content parameter in datalink mime type. (issueDataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>#82). This is
    apparently to be solved in VOTable beforeDataLink1
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/edit/IVOA/DataLink1?topicparent=IVOA.DataLink-1_1-Next;nowysiwyg=0>.1
    becomes a REC
  * UCD for ID column in {links} service output . Is not the same as the
    UCD of ID parameter in anySODA
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SODA>service referring to
    the ID column in the {links} table. Is that an issue ? apparently
    not (issueDataLink
    <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink>#89)

And a new one (which may be solved by an erratum ?)

  * inputParams could refer to PARAM as alternative to FIELD
    (https://github.com/ivoa-std/DataLink/issues/115)

*DataLink implementation note :*

**

**

While finishing the DataLink recommendation process we decided to have
some non-normalized proposals for recognition in an Implementation Note
This is now here : https://github.com/ivoa/DataLinkRecImplNote

And the draft can be read here :
https://github.com/ivoa/DataLinkRecImplNote/releases/download/auto-pdf-preview/DataLinkImp-draft.pdf
Cheers