JSON type in ADQL and TAP

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Sep 11 18:50:02 CEST 2023

Hi Marco,

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 03:39:42PM +0200, Molinaro, Marco wrote:
> I do feel this would be better in an Apps managed
> but DAL participated session (DALI at least is involved).

Since I believe an xtype alone won't to it, it's probably a matter
for both WGs.

> Should we make it a plenary?

Not at this point, I'd say.  I suppose most of the considerations
will be dreadful to non-VOTable nerds.  And I as I said, I think we
ought to have only minimal talks and maximal brainstorming.

> For me, personally, I'd like to see discussion
> on 3 aspects (at least):
> - JSON in VOTable

I'd like to first concentrate on this aspect so we don't get derailed.

> - JSON binding for VOTable as a model
> - JSON for "non-data" responses (e.g. UWS request/responses)

I'm not against discussing these (and have to say I'm rather happy
about how using json to distribute vocabularies dead easy to use),
but as I said: let's keep the various aspects clearly isolated from
each other; I think each can be addressed without the other.

         -- Markus