Error in the WD-STC-S-1.0-20130918 document?

Adrian Damian andamian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 21:39:29 CET 2023

Hi F-X,

I gave a presentation on this subject at the last IVOA interop. We at
the CADC went through the same exercise with the parser just to discover
that it has no future and we should direct effort elsewhere. Maybe a
MOC-regions parser and encoder that could be then used for footprints?

The bottom line is that STC-S leaves a void that we as a community need to
fill in soon. So yes, I agree that STC-S should be moved to a retired
documents corner but at the same time a replacement should be put in place.
I'm not sure which WG should drive this.

Adrian