ObsCore for velocity cubes

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 22 08:31:15 CET 2023

Dear Alberto,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 08:11:18PM +0000, Alberto Micol wrote:
> But now I am reconsidering this, because I think (in the ObsCore
> standard we were not super-clear regarding this) the units of
> em_resolution are the ones provided by the em_unit attribute.

No -- see the metadata overview on p. 42: em_resolution is in meters
of wavelength.

Let me briefly climb the soapbox someone conveniently dropped here:
columns with varying units are a sure sign of serious denormalisation
going on and are almost always essentially useless for writing
constraints.  Just don't do that in a public database.

         -- Markus