WD-DALI-1.2

Molinaro, Marco marco.molinaro at inaf.it
Fri Aug 4 10:32:00 CEST 2023

Hi,

Il giorno ven 4 ago 2023 alle ore 09:37 gilles landais <
gilles.landais at astro.unistra.fr> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> thank you for the new DALI version -
>
> my feedback is  focused on VOTable output.
> I have a lot of interest on the document that shows points that could
> improve in general the VOtable.
>
> For instance the semantic and the sexagesimal xtypes inspire me to improve
> VOTable returned by the VizieR service (there are a lof sexagesimal columns
> in VizieR).
>

> About the section 5.4 Use of VOTable.
>
> * about Error report: (already in the current/previous version) the method
> between DALI and SCS are different
>
> - SCS requires: ID="Error" name="Error"
> - DALI requires:  name="QUERY_STATUS" value="ERROR"

This is not to be ascribed to DALI, it's ConeSearch
that needs be changed w.r.t. DALI compliance.

About that:
- the description above is from REC-1.03 (current REC, correctly)
- the WD-1.1-20200828 tried to bend that (but next WD will revisit
completely also that part)

So, be patient with ConeSearch, DALI has no fault in this.
I'll add an issue on ConeSearch git repo since this specific
point is not already there (and might be useful to think
about in the really-next revision).

Cheers
    Marco

--
Marco Molinaro
INAF - Istituto Nazionale di AstroFisica
email marco.molinaro at inaf.it
tel. [+39] 333 33 20 564 [also Telegram]