More UCD woes

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Fri May 6 17:35:38 CEST 2022

On Thu, 5 May 2022, Markus Demleitner wrote:

> I absolutely agree with the intent; and I think one way to say that
> would be something like:
>
>    The response for a successful call to the {query} resource is a
>    table resulting from a \verb|SELECT *| against an ivoa.obscore table
>    conforming to any minor version of Obscore
>    1\footnote{\url{https://ivoa.net/documents/ObsCore}}.  This
>    document was written against Obscore 1.0
>    \citep{2011ivoa.spec.1028T}.

> I'd say something like my text above might work as an erratum (though
> I'd like to hear Apps' and Ops' opinions).  On the other hand:

Looks fine to me.  As Pat says, the intention was not to bind it to
a particular minor ObsCore version, so any relaxation of the language
which clarifies that and doesn't break stuff (your suggestion qualifies
as far as I can see) sounds to me like uncontroversial erratum-fodder.

--
Mark Taylor  Astronomical Programmer  Physics, Bristol University, UK
m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk          http://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/~mbt/