SCS 1.03 Erratum 3

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 10:34:47 CEST 2022

On Mon, 30 May 2022, Markus Demleitner wrote:

> Dear DAL,
>
> As discussed on this list the other day
> <http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/dal/2022-April/008551.html>, SCS 1.03
> contains an invalid VOTable as an example for how to write error
> messages.  I'm sure this has bugged quite a few people in all the
> years, and I'm now proposing
>
> <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SCS-1_03-Err-3>
>
> as a fix.
>
> What do people think?

It looks OK.  I'm tempted to say while you're at it, remove the
ID="Error" attribute, which since there are no internal references
in the document and is not required or suggested by any standards
text, isn't doing any work here.  But I suppose on the grounds
that Errata are only supposed to correct actual mistakes, including
this change might cause more confusion than letting it remain.

--
Mark Taylor  Astronomical Programmer  Physics, Bristol University, UK
m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk          http://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/~mbt/