Lifting 1.1 limit in SCS?

Molinaro, Marco marco.molinaro at inaf.it
Fri Nov 19 10:38:43 CET 2021

Hi again,

addendum on impact assessment.

Less than 1% of all services return a VOTable
version 1.2+.
Removing cds.vizier's ones the percentage
raises to ~10%.

Again, server side impact seems not a concern,
also because the erratum won't deprecate
VOTable versions 1.0 and 1.1, but simply
allow for higher minor versions.

I don't know how to check on the client side.
I used PyVO for the results above and I remember
working with TOPCAT with services taken into
account in the above with versions > 1.1.
Same way, I think Aladin should be fine.

But how to do a reliable client side check,
I'm unsure. Cross-post to Apps?

Cheers
    Marco

email marco.molinaro at inaf.it