Proposed SSA Erratum

Dempsey, James (IM&T, Black Mountain) James.Dempsey at csiro.au
Wed Nov 3 05:46:51 CET 2021

Dear DAL community,

At the May interop, the Operations IG raised the confusion around the use of a trailing separator (question mark or ampersand) in the base URL for Simple Spectral Access services. This is recorded as https://github.com/ivoa-std/SSA/issues/4

To resolve this, I have drafted a proposed erratum for Simple Spectral Access to clarify the trailing separator requirement at https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SSA-1_1-Err-1

Please review the erratum and if you have any concerns reply to this email or comment on the issue. Thanks to Mark Taylor and Marco Molinaro for reviews so far.

Cheers,
James Dempsey (he/him)
Senior Developer
Information Management & Technology  |  CSIRO
james.dempsey at csiro.au<mailto:james.dempsey at csiro.au>  |  02 6214 2912
GPO Box 1700, CANBERRA ACT 2601

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present.

CSIRO Australia's National Science Agency  |  csiro.au