VOSI availability

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Wed Jul 28 17:37:50 CEST 2021

FWIW the MAST TAP services basically handle /availability in nearly the same way as CADC's -- with some load balancing that obfuscates what we're checking behind the scenes, but pings down to the database. We use this for externally hosted site monitoring.  With a mind to operations, if the issue here is lack of takeup combined with fuzziness on what it really means per provider, I'd rather see it marked down to optional with a note that it might not be meaningful for mirrors, etc, and otherwise leave the schema alone.

Cheers,

--Theresa