The product-type vocabulary

Stéphane Erard stephane.erard at obspm.fr
Thu Dec 16 11:49:31 CET 2021

Hello

As you may know, EPNCore uses extra datatypes, mainly:
- spectral_cube (which may be 2D), in addition to volume (3D space) and cube which can have other dimensions (e.g., 1D/2D angular; also pointing information associated to a spectral_cube)

The other ones resolve (in our case) the issue of a generic "measurement" type:
- map (2D spatial — orthorectified image or mosaic, including HiPS)
- profiles: along 1 spatial dimension (atmospheric profiles, or traverses)
- photometric_function, which doesn’t belong anywhere else (X= angular quantity)
- movies (consecutive images or maps - yes, a sort of cube)
- catalogue (a 2D list of scalar values)
- catalogue_item (one row of a catalogue)
- spatial_vector (footprints and contours, but also vector maps)

The rationale of course may be different - this is intended in particular to identify tools whiçch can handle/plot the data correctly.

Regards
Stéphane