Vocabularising dataproduct_type

Baptiste Cecconi ceccobapts at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 12 12:39:10 CET 2020

Hi Slava and all,

`dataproduct_type` and `access_format` are indeed 2 different things. As you say, the MS "format" can carry different dataproduct_types, and so does FITS or VOTable.

`access_format` is (should be) a MIME type (i.e., application/fits, application/x-cdf, application/x-votable+xml, …)
with a possible "qualifier" giving the dataproduct_type, as proposed in http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/dal/2019-December/008252.html

Baptiste