Datalink

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Sat Oct 12 01:14:22 CEST 2019

> The term timeseries would not be enough by itself to know what the
> content of datalink is since it could be light curves (tabular data),
> images or spectra. These are the most common cases, and I would like to
> propose a common usage, e.g.:
>
> timeseries-lightcurve
> timeseries-radialvelocities
> timeseries-spectra
> timeseries-images

timeseries of images is in fact what we are presenting in our model in
Fig.~13 - to every point of a light curve is associated the link to
original image (here we were thinking about placing the provenenace )

so the time series of images is just a normal time series (where another
"axis" paralel with e.g. flux is an axis of mappings (links to images)

As I have shown in Sydney 2015, the SPLAT , TOPCAT and ALADIN understand
this well and (Fig.15 in a note) displays the image. We can even support
cutouts ...

> Opinions or comments? Does this make sense to you?
>
> Ada

*  Petr Skoda                         Tel   : (323) 649201, l. 361      *
*  Stelarni oddeleni                          (323) 620361              *
*  Astronomicky ustav AVCR, v.v.i     Fax   : (323) 620250              *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Ceska republika                                                      *