Datalink

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Sat Oct 12 00:38:53 CEST 2019

I am afraid that with trials to assign some semantics
we are re-entering the problem of controlled vacabulary , its management
etc ...

in fact the products that may be wanted by the community need not be just
time  vs- some variable but also a (quite complex) function of time

this is what we tried to address in our note
http://www.ivoa.net/documents/Notes/CubeDM/20190318/cubeDM.pdf

e.g. fig.17 - the LIGO requirements - frequency vs strain

or I can imagine in asteroseismology  people have power spectrum - i.e.
Fourier transform vs frequency ....

so the

timeseries-X    has X from a kind of vocabulary ?
In fact the visibility in radio is by definiton as well a complex function
of time ....

could  we somehow use UCD (and add missing ones - e.g. the mirror
strain )?

and their combination ?

>  and
> Hi All,
>
> Following the DAL session this afternoon we need a specification to know
> the content of datalink.
>
> Having a look at it it looks like the field “semantics” is the place?
>
> This is important for time series data, which is distributed via
> datalink more and more often.
>
> The term timeseries would not be enough by itself to know what the
> content of datalink is since it could be light curves (tabular data),
> images or spectra. These are the most common cases, and I would like to
> propose a common usage, e.g.:
>
> timeseries-lightcurve
> timeseries-radialvelocities
> timeseries-spectra
> timeseries-images

BTW so far all such cases look like datacube sliced along the time axis .

> Opinions or comments? Does this make sense to you?

BTW I did not see the DM session - how this need (e.g. series of spectra )
is interpreted in client ?
like an animation ?

pointer to the directory where the bunch of spectra is stored ?

Petr

> Ada

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute CAS         Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                             skoda at asu.cas.cz          *