TAP v1.1 - little request

Marco Molinaro marco.molinaro at inaf.it
Fri May 4 08:11:21 CEST 2018

Dear Alberto,
I'm not concerned about the timing.

Also, I like the proposal, maybe we can also think
of letting the same metadatum into the "schemas"
table.

But you say optional.
TAP_SCHEMA currently involves only MUST
columns, all the other custom additions are
more then allowed but we haven't non-mandatory
fields in the spec.

So, if you want to start prototyping on this, there
will be possibly other providers following you
and then your desired column will get into the
next TAP (if you asked for a MUST now, I would
have said no, even if it's simply an empty valued
column to be added).

What we can do, is to think about the name of the
column and other details, that, in this case, I
suppose we can directly grab from obscore's
bib_reference.

E.g., in section §4 we can add, just before §4.1,
something like:

"Considering the possible relation between schemas
and/or tables in a TAP service with published papers
or documentation, service providers may find it useful
to attach a bibliographic reference to
TAP_SCHEMA.schemas or TAP_SCHEMA.tables
(or both) records.
This is not considered in this specification but, to help
future interoperability, providers willing to do so
SHOULD use, for this purpose, a column named
bib_reference, of type string, nullable and containing
a full URL or bibcode
(see ObsCore for an equivalent reference)."

Would this fit your needs?
Would the DAL members agree on this?

Cheers,
     Marco