Arrays of geometries?

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 18:29:34 CEST 2017

The DALI polygon is simply a more comples datatype and like any other
(eg time values in a double column) the metadata for that column would
describe the coordinate system. So you can already use DALI polygon
for ICRS or galactic coordinates and the last paragraph (extra
restructions in spherical coordinates) at least hints that cartesian
polygons are also a valid use. It is true that it is limited to a 2-D
polygon... 3-D would require additional information about the number
of dimensions (could be new xtype like polygon3d or it could be a
something more subtle/complicated/flexible). Let's cross that bridge
when we come to it :-)

Pat

Victoria, BC, Canada