Arrays of geometries?

Dave Morris dave.morris at metagrid.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 20:05:40 CEST 2017

Hiya,

In an earlier discussion Markus suggested using a language feature to
indicate whether a service supported arrays.
http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/dal/2017-July/007736.html

     <languageFeature
type="ivo://ivoa.net/std/TAPRegExt#features-arrays"/>

I'd like to build on that and define two features within that URI to
indicate support for numeric and geometric arrays.

     <languageFeature
type="ivo://ivoa.net/std/TAPRegExt#features-adql-arrays">
         <feature>
             <form>numeric</form>
         </feature>
         <feature>
             <form>geometric</form>
         </feature>
     </languageFeature>

This would enable services to declare support one or the other or both.

If this is a useful approach I'll add a section about it in the next
draft of the ADQL specification.

-- Dave