DataLink inputParam PARAM/@value

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Nov 27 19:29:37 CET 2017

Hi all,

I think we have to take into account the various situations where we can
encounter a service descriptor to fully encompass the problems and
solutions.

     According to our specs (DataLink and SODA) we have 3 different
types of services in service descriptors and three different types of
occurence of these descriptors

       I ) service types

               a ) the DataLink {links} resource or service.

               b ) a SODA service, or another standard service

               c ) a custom service (non standard)

        II ) occurence types

                a ) a data discovery query response (ObstAP, SIAV2 but
also SSA, SIAV1).

                b ) the DataLink {links} resource itself

                c ) any other service response (cone search, TAP in
general, custom service "empty" response )

As long as service types are concerned, the a case should have a FIXED
or ROW value for its unique Parameter (ID = )

                In  The b case there is a list of standard parameters
and there values have to be user defined (USER) ,but constrained by
dataset metadata

                In the c case we can imagine any combination. But USER
can dominate

               For the occurence a case we can imagine ROW easily.
Occurence b case will be more adapted to FIXED and USER. Occurence c)
can be anything

       SODA DESCRIPTOR in a  data discovery query response or DataLink
{links} resource is only a special case.

Cheers
François