Pierre.Fernique at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Nov 24 12:26:49 CET 2017
Dear DAL and Apps members,
It seems that we have a problem concerning the *s**_region* usage.
Recently, we discover that some data providers have changed their
syntax, moving from the regular STC-S string to a new one which seems to
be an array of doubles, alternating long and lat. Both Aladin V10 and
Aladin Lite fail to manage a such new syntax, and we had complaints from
final users which do no longer see the FoV of their observations.
After investigating about this unexpected evolution, it appears that
this new syntax is generated by some versions of DaCHS testing TAP1.1
future possible recommendation.
So, I have several questions for TAP 1.1 authors and DAL members :
1. Is is really true that STC-S s_region should be removed from VOTable
results ? Personally, I did not see this consequence in the TAP 1.1
document. or ?
2. And if yes : is it only in TAP ? or also in SIA2 or SSA ?
3. How the client can know the logic (lon/lat or lat/lon, counter-clock
or anti-counterclock, ...), the frame and other coordinate
parameters for such array of double ?
4. How providers who already generated complex s_region will do now ?
(for instance ESO)
5. How we will manage the transition period ?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dal