schema_index in TAP_SCHEMA.schemas?

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 13:02:24 CEST 2017

I've got no objection to adding schema_index as suggested.

However, FWIW, I *probably* would not plan to make use of either
schema_index or table_index if present in the TOPCAT TAP GUI.
column_index is very useful, since the service (via the result of
SELECT * queries) defines a definite ordering for columns which
is otherwise not visible from TAP_SCHEMA.  But my feeling up till
now is that for schema and table lists, users are better served
in general by an alphabetic ordering scheme.

Mark