new TAP-1.1 WD released

Dave Morris dave.morris at metagrid.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 14:11:07 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-21 11:48, Marco Molinaro wrote:

> Finally, I wouldn't like to see geometry support
> become mandatory in 1.1, but I'm not exactly
> opposing this.

The ADQL specification explicitly states that geometry support is
optional.

This has always been the case, but the language in the 2.0 specification
is not as clear as it could have been.

In 2015 the language in the 2.1 working draft was updated to make it
clear that all of the geometric functions, including INTERSECTS,
CONTAINS, POINT, CIRCLE, and POLYGON, are optional.

Cheers,
Dave

--------
Dave Morris