Time Domain DAL/DM/TDIG

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Thu Jul 6 14:47:47 CEST 2017

Dear Ada,
dear all,

regarding the "discovery" item, related to RV Time Series
in the exoplanets domain, I had a meeting with people
from the GAPS project.
(if interested a quick summary can be found here:
https://www.asterics2020.eu/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=open:wp4:wp4gapsinaf)

The main point I'd like to alert about here (other parts I think
are nicely covered by your summary and review) is that a
discovery for time series when doing research on exoplanets
requires:
- host star characterisation, especially stellar activity indexes
- planet(s) ~existence~ and characteristics
  [and this may be though because 1 stellar system potentially
  means multiple planets]

And, vice-versa, searching exoplanets having time series attached
requires as discovery metadata the search method used (this can be
a small vocabulary).

I'll try to work on the star/activity/planets part related to the GAPS
project, the vice-versa requires other projects with different than
spectroscopic RV method to join.

Cheers,
    Marco