WD-DALI-1.1 polygon winding direction

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 19:30:00 CEST 2016

In STC you standardise the "on-the-left" rather than the sign of the area. OK.

And just for clariy, the common way to compute polygon area via
triangulation gives a negative value for left-handed coordinate
systems (eg celestial) and a positive value for right-handed
coordinate systems?  Is this something to mention explicitly? I note
you said "may depend"... what does that mean exactly?

Thanks for the paragraph; will add it to the next revision. I assume
that this is consistent between STC-1.x and STC-2 and I can make the
reference just to the latest STC...

Pat

Victoria, BC, Canada