DALI examples vocab

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed May 25 13:26:23 CEST 2016

Hi Pat,

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 08:46:02AM -0700, Patrick Dowler wrote:
> I haven't got to looking at the details, but if we want TAP exampls to
> use a different URI (necessary when TAP defines a couple of properties
> like lang and query) then it would be good for TAP to "include" the

Isn't the whole idea of vocabularies to uncouple term lists from
standards documents?  In that sense I feel there's nothing wrong with
a shared examples vocabulary for all IVOA standards -- DALI gives the
first, basic terms, TAP adds some, and if the TCG deems it useful, it
might introduce yet a few more [I could fantasise about license]
without having to touch DALI in the process.  And the vocab URI would
be the same for all documents conforming to DALI 1.x.

Since terms have to go through the TCG in all cases, I don't think
there's a big risk of the lists getting out of hand or terms
clashing.

Cheers,

           Markus