DALI examples vocab

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Thu May 19 18:04:03 CEST 2016

The plan is to create an RDFa vocabulary and then specify the URI as
an http URL where one can get the machine readable vocabulary
document. I haven't around to that yet so the URI in the DALI document
is the correct one for now. I also haven't thought about whether such
a change in URI is acceptable in a 1.0 -> 1.1 update... we did agree
that TAP could extend the vocabulary so the URI for a TAP-specific
example would be different and maybe we should produce RDFa for the
service-specific vocabularies only.

Thoughts?

Pat

On 19 May 2016 at 02:56, Mark Taylor <M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> Pat/Markus/whoever,
>
> what is the correct RDFa vocab value for the DALI examples element?
>
> WD-DALI-1.1-20160415 sec 2.3 says;
>
>    The elements containing examples must be descendants of an
>    element that has a vocab attribute with the value equal to
>    the DALI-examples capability identifier (above), for example:

> but NOTE-TAPNotes-1.0-20131213 sec 4.2.1.2 says:
>
>    TAP defines two additional properties within the
>    ivo://ivoa.net/std/DALI-examples (note that at the time of writing
>    the DALI PR has "DALI#examples" here, which we corrected here)
>    vocabulary:
>
> and the GAVO examples document sports a trailing hash:
>
>    % curl -s 'http://dc.g-vo.org/tap/examples' | xmllint --format - | grep vocab
>
> can somebody give me the definitive answer, and make sure that the
> current DALI draft has it correct.
>
> I've made a start at adding an examples validation stage to taplint.
> Since the standards text isn't really finalised yet
> (it's between the DALI 1.1 and TAP 1.1 WDs) that may be premature,
> but I'd like to have it in place soon to encourage service providers
> to add examples.
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Taylor   Astronomical Programmer   Physics, Bristol University, UK
> m.b.taylor at bris.ac.uk +44-117-9288776  http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/

Victoria, BC, Canada