DALI examples vocab

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu May 19 11:56:42 CEST 2016

Pat/Markus/whoever,

what is the correct RDFa vocab value for the DALI examples element?

WD-DALI-1.1-20160415 sec 2.3 says;

   The elements containing examples must be descendants of an
   element that has a vocab attribute with the value equal to
   the DALI-examples capability identifier (above), for example:

but NOTE-TAPNotes-1.0-20131213 sec 4.2.1.2 says:

   TAP defines two additional properties within the
   ivo://ivoa.net/std/DALI-examples (note that at the time of writing
   the DALI PR has "DALI#examples" here, which we corrected here)
   vocabulary:

and the GAVO examples document sports a trailing hash:

   % curl -s 'http://dc.g-vo.org/tap/examples' | xmllint --format - | grep vocab

can somebody give me the definitive answer, and make sure that the
current DALI draft has it correct.

I've made a start at adding an examples validation stage to taplint.
Since the standards text isn't really finalised yet
(it's between the DALI 1.1 and TAP 1.1 WDs) that may be premature,
but I'd like to have it in place soon to encourage service providers
to add examples.

Mark